Bone marrow transplant is a treatment in which the existing bone marrow is replaced with a healthy cell. These cells can be used either from the patient’s own body or can be from a donor. This procedure is also termed as Stem Cell Transplant, more precisely a hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
Bone marrow is spongy, soft, fatty tissue that contains hematopoietic stem cells, found in bones. It is responsible to produce stem blood cells that further help in producing Red blood cells (RBCs), white blood cells (WBCs) and platelets.
At Athaayu Hospital, the transplants are done only by the highly qualified doctors and professionals. Our team of experts have set a benchmark in the field of Bone Marrow Transplants. The transplantation is generally used to treat.
1. Varied Blood Cancers
a. Acute and chronic leukemia
b. Hodgkin’s or non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
c. Multiple myeloma
2. Aplastic anemia
5. Some Immune system disorders/deficiencies
Bone Marrow types:
Autologous: Autologous HSCT requires the extraction of hematopoietic stem cells from the patient and stored for further use.
Allogeneic: This type of transplant is done when a donor is involved in the process.
Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: This transplantation involves the intravenous infusion of autologous or allogeneic stem cells for treating hematopoietic function in the patient
Liver transplantation or hepatic transplantation is the replacement of a diseased liver with the healthy liver from another person (allograft). Liver transplantation is a treatment option for end-stage liver disease and acute liver failure, although availability of donor organs is a major limitation. Most common technique in Liver transplant is orthotopic transplantation, where, the native liver is removed and is replaced by the donor. The surgical procedure being complex that requires careful harvest of the donor organ and meticulous implantation into the recipient, this is only done by professional and highly qualified doctors, in Athaayu Hostpital.
Liver transplantation is highly regulated, and only performed at designated transplant medical centers by highly trained transplant physicians and supporting medical team. The duration of the surgery ranges from 4 to 18 hours depending on outcome.
At Athaayu Hospital, we provide world-class treatments at affordable prices for patients suffering from liver diseases and others.
When do you need Liver transplant? Some of the cases are listed below
- Hepatitis A, B & C virus
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver
- Damage caused to drug overdose
- Liver cirrhosis
Our experts’ team at Athaayu, examine the need first, only then suggest for a transplant. We care for our patients and their families.
Liver Transplant & Hepatobiliary Services at Athaayu
- Orthotopic Liver transplant: Orthotopic type of liver transplantation is the most common technique, where the whole liver is replaced from recently deceased donor.
- Living-donor Liver transplant : This transplant involve, a portion of the liver from a healthy living person is removed and placed into the patient’s liver which is not properly functioning.
- Split Liver transplant: By splitting the liver into two segments, the donated liver can be used to help two people waiting for a liver transplant. The smaller left lobe of the liver is transplanted into a child. The larger right lobe is transplanted into an adult of appropriate weight and height. Split liver transplant is an efficient way to maximize the use of donated organs and is especially beneficial for children.
Kidney transplant or renal transplant is a complete organ transplant process, which is done at the end stage renal disease (ESRD). It’s a process to place a healthy kidney directly from living or deceased donor, into a person who longer has functional kidneys.
In case of failure of complete kidney, one needs to look for the best hospitals and best services that offer the best kidney transplant in country. It is the hospital and the nephrologist’s experience that counts during transplantation journey. Kidney is the most important organ of the human body that needs to be functional, so appropriate care should be taken while choosing the hospital for transplant procedure.
Kidney transplant is typically classified as deceased-donor (formerly known as cadaveric) or living-donor transplantation depending on the source of the donor organ. Living-donor kidney transplants are further characterized as genetically related (living-related) or non-related (living-unrelated) transplants, depending on whether a biological relationship exists between the donor and recipient.
The special and skilled doctors at Athaayu hospital, mentions that a patient should have following conditions to make a successful kidney transplant. The examine the below parameters before the kidney transplant is done.
- A good health
- A good kidney donor match
- Right time to transplant
How can one find a kidney donor?
- Talk to family and close friends about kidney donation.
- Place your name on the kidney transplant waiting list to receive a donor kidney.
- Register for a paired kidney exchange program.
The Kidney Transplant experts team at Athaayu is the most experienced and skilled ones. Our Transplant Specialists work together to perform Complex Transplant cases and have successfully completed number of transplants.